New and Replacement Bulkhead Door Installation in South Yarmouth
Consisting of a precast concrete stairwell and a Bilco basement door, a precast Basement Entrance is the fastest and most economical way to add convenient, direct basement access to any South Yarmouth home. We have the capability of saw cutting your foundation to install a new bulkhead anywhere you decide.
Ideal for both new home construction and older home renovations in South Yarmouth. Cape Excavation can deliver and install your new Basement entrance in just a few hours.
Installing a new or replacement bulkhead door in South Yarmouth can add convenience and value to your home, and saw cutting your foundation is often necessary to create the opening for the door. Here's a general overview of the process:
1. Planning and Permitting:
- Planning: Before you start, carefully consider the location of the new bulkhead door. Think about accessibility, drainage, and how it will blend with the overall look of your home.
- Permits: Check with your South Yarmouth building department to see if any permits are required for the installation.
2. Saw Cutting the Foundation:
- Contractors: Hire a qualified South Yarmouth contractor with experience in saw cutting foundations and installing bulkhead doors. Saw cutting foundation is required for a bulkhead door installation.
- Saw cutting: The contractor will use a diamond-bladed saw to cut a precise opening in your foundation for the bulkhead door. The size of the opening will depend on the size of the door you choose.
- Removal of debris: The contractor will carefully remove the concrete debris from the opening.
3. Installing the Bulkhead Door:
Precast or built-on-site: Bulkhead doors in South Yarmouth can be precast concrete units or built on-site using concrete blocks or wood. Precast units are generally faster to install, while built-on-site doors can be customized to fit your specific needs.
Door installation: The contractor will install the bulkhead door in the opening and secure it to the foundation.
- Sealing: The gaps around the door will be sealed to prevent water infiltration.
4. Finishing Touches:
- Stairs:The contractor will install stairs leading down to the bulkhead door. These can be concrete, wood, or metal.
- Drainage: A drainage system will be installed to direct water away from the bulkhead door and prevent flooding.
- Backfilling and grading: The area around the bulkhead door will be backfilled with soil and graded to match the surrounding landscape.
Additional factors to consider:
- Material: Bulkhead doors are typically made of steel, fiberglass, or wood. Steel doors are the most durable, but also the most expensive. Fiberglass doors are a more affordable option, but they are not as strong as steel doors. Wood doors are the least expensive option, but they require more maintenance than steel or fiberglass doors.
- Features: Bulkhead doors can come with a variety of features, such as gas springs for easy opening, built-in lights, and security locks.
- Cost: The cost of installing a new or replacement bulkhead door in South Yarmouth will vary depending on the size of the door, the material, the features, and the labor costs in your area.
I hope this gives you a general overview of the process of installing a new or replacement bulkhead door with saw cutting foundation services. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Basement Bulkhead Installation
- Pre-cast in one piece
- 5,000 P.S.I. Concrete Strength
- Ideal for Below Grade Reliability and Durability
- Perfect for poured concrete foundation walls
- 1st choice for new construction in South Yarmouth
- 1st choice for replacing existing structures on older South Yarmouth homes
- Hundreds installed to date